Thursday, March 27, 2008

Behind the Scenes

I find myself at times torn between posting a new commentary just for sake of posting, and not writing at all simply because I have nothing of use to share. I’ve decided to not bore you with the mundane over the past week or so, simply out of respect to you.

After all, if you’re going to waste countless time at work that could be spent on productive tasks reading a blog, it better as hell be worth it.

For the past week I really haven’t had much garbage to spew forth from the naval. Then, as my grandpa used to say, ‘like a cat on a hot tin roof’ thought springs to life and excitement grows for the moment I arrive home in anticipation of the consoling comfort of my laptop.

I’m not sure that the lack of garbage means that the thoughts I did have were worth some sort of value, or maybe that I spent just the last week in a ‘think’ coma where there were no thoughts whatsoever.

Either way for today’s episode I’ve decided to take you behind the scenes of ‘The Lint Chronicles.’

First and foremost, you must understand a bit about a blog. (Well, this particular blog at least.) See, I write whatever I feel like at the moment. This means two things; one, it’s based on current thought partnered with some sort of emotion, and two, everything I write is true and accurate to the highest degree.

‘What? True and accurate?’ you ask. That is affirmative. This is due to the fact that the opinion shared here is always right. After all, it’s my opinion, how can I be wrong?

I don’t solicit ideas for blogs from others, and I certainly don’t lease out this soapbox to another by speaking on their behalf. This is pure original thought and entertainment.

I don’t write for you either. I write for me. I simply enjoy the exhibition of thought. Depending on the subject, I’ll write in one form or another. (good way to keep you guessing too.)

This is why you’ll find thoughts on sensitive, thought provoking subjects or even alternative ways to get breast implants. I would even write about acid-dropping moon doggies if I knew much about that subject.

The great thing about this blog is it’s like a talk-radio program. I’ve never understood why a self-proclaimed genius calls into a radio program to argue with the host like they know more about a subject than the host does. These random morons may actually know a thing or too and be well versed on a subject. Their folly lies in the reality that the radio host always gets the last word. They can argue a point until they are blue in the face, but at the end of it all, the radio host simply slides the knob down on the mixing board while making the final point.

Similarly, the opinions and views expressed herein are my thoughts and mine alone. Reader discretion is advised. It’s simply a waste of a good carpal-tunnel median nerve to try and debate the morals of 34d’s or whether I should change my view on Tiger Woods since up until last week he hadn’t lost a golf match since last September. It doesn’t really matter what argument you might pose for good ol’ Tiger because he’s still a porn watch’n, green fee raise’n, corporate entity that happens to have a talent for putting a little ball into a little hole, 500 yards away.

Furthermore, he still ruined golf, 34d’s will still cause back problems even if they are free, whomever I endorse for President will dropout, and still people don’t really get the point and misquote me in the process.

At the end of the day, I’m right, you’re wrong. No it’s not because I’m arrogant or egotistical, it’s just that I love how awesome I am. (thank you taco bell)

With that said, those of you that have taken yourselves too seriously while reading this, feel free to check your ego at the browser bar and never click here again if you can’t handle the truth.

Because when in the stirring of the pot, it all boils down to the words of a 4 year-old when he exclaims, “I can say and I can do anything I want.”

Check back soon for my thoughts on Personal Responsibilty and Aggrandisement v. Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!

The point of this little journey is to educate you in the way lint forms in the navel. Doesn’t matter how it gets there, but it always arrives eventually.

Oh and a special thanks to those of you who do get it. Loyal readership is always flatering and appreciated.

THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT VOTED IN LAST WEEK’S POLL. THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS: PETE ROSE.

No comments: