Monday, January 7, 2008

BE AFRAID: Women or Gay Men Could Be Behind the Wheel of any Car!

Another Useless Study to Prove Commonly Known Facts

Looks like those Brits are at it again with their 'scientific' studies.

(I've really got to find a way to tap into all of the research money that is available these days.)

I invite you to read the article for yourself. But I line that I don't think I could have even come up with was the caption on the photo:



BE AFRAID: Women or gay men could be behind the wheel of any car.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/03/ngay103.xml

Of course, I like to offer my own personal commentary on the matter as well. You can decide which is more newsworthy for yourself. In fact, I believe I'll rewrite the story as if I were the journalist assigned to cover it. (I know I'm going to be labeled a sexist after this one, but I'll try to run a filter.)

LONDON, UK (AP): A new study reveals women and gay men are horrible drivers. In all actuality the study confirms theories developed since the inception of the automobile but adds a new twist in relating sexual preference with spatial awareness skills.

Essentially, persons in touch with their "feminine" side apparently lose touch with the road.
---SCRATCH THAT---

I can't do it... I'm having too much fun with the original article. Take into consideration the authors quotes:

"gay men, straight women and lesbians navigated in a similar way, sharing the same weaknesses."

"Gay people appear to show a ‘mosaic’ of performance..."

And the best one that will be refuted by every woman who has ever been lost while a man was driving: "Men are good at using distal, or geometrical cues, to decide if they’re going north or south, for instance. They have a better basic sense of direction..."

Although, I think If i were really assigned to cover this story, I'd want Alfred E. Newman to respond in similar fashion as he did in the comment section:

"Anyone who spends any time on the road can tell you that : female driver + cell phone = deadly road hazard. Of course men on cell phones are bad too, but my experience has been that 9 out of 10 times the person weaving in and out of their lane or slowing to a stop, on a highway, for no reason is a woman on a phone. She's probably yelling at her husband."

I suppose this study also supports the human rights laws of Saudi Arabia where women are not allowed to drive and they cut up gay men into little pieces.

For even more fun, watch how FOXnews handled the story:

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?010508/010508_ff_drivers&FOX_Friends&Road%20Hazard&Road%20Hazard&US&-1&News&168&&&new

No comments: