Merely three days into 2008 and it seems like the bottom dropped out. You know it can’t be good when the first thing you have to do in the New Year is go to a funeral. Like weddings, something I rarely do.
In fact, it was almost my own funeral after I rolled my snowmobile down a steep embankment on my New Years Day ride.
Adding insult to injury would be the lack of smooching at the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve. Well, at least not very good smooching.
Thus begins the time-honored tradition of making resolutions that will never come to fruition and the cultivation of an optimistic outlook on the future that will probably be forgotten by this time next week.
Now, I’m not meaning to sound pessimistic because after all, I’m the most optimistic person I know. However, life experience has rendered that if you weren’t committed to a cause before the New Year, you’re probably not going to be committed to it after.
Luckily, we’re now three days into it. Still waiting on the shoe to drop for what might go wrong today. I suppose this current attitude could be defined as: optimistic pessimism.
It’s funny really, the more you expect things to change, the more they stay the same. Things kind of revolve around that whole definition of insanity theory.
I apologize to the reader. I think I’m overly vague and ambiguous at times and this definitely is one of those times. Trouble is, as a writer, I desperately want to expound upon subjects at times, but once it is put into words and ‘published’ per se, it’s difficult to retract if necessary.
So it is that I shall carry on in my personal mediocrity until the moment is realized that ’08 is great.
P.S. I’ve got some really good stuff coming next week. Stay tuned as significant events take place, I will post my expert thoughts and analysis.
1 comment:
Yes, but there's a subtleness to your vagary.
Post a Comment