The serenity and peace that exists at 3:00am on Christmas morning is indescribable. Though darkness shrouds the night sky and temperatures currently fall in the teen’s I stand on my porch and take a moment for reflection while a steady snowfall surrounds me.
At this time of night there is nothing more peaceful. Nothing can be heard except that of snow falling to the ground.
I pause to take in the moment. My heart recognizes what the meaning of Christmas is for me. It’s not something that can be shared openly in a blog or other type of medium. It is a distinct, yet sacred feeling that envelopes the entire soul.
To me, I believe that every man and woman possesses it; their own personal feeling of course. If not, I certainly would feel as though a recipient to a miracle. It is that deeply personal moment when one stands alone, in solace and silence, allowing the heart and mind to take in the gratitude of everything a person is, was, and can be. Only to realize that none of those things are achievable without Christ himself.
Then, with that realization, does benevolent humility take over inside with awesome wonder. The soul literally warms amidst the falling snow.
Though I am grateful for these moments, they would not be possible without the love of my Savior and for those who touch my life.
Christmas is a magical time for me each year.
Merry Christmas to all of you who have touched my life for good.
1 comment:
So, I am glad to see that you too couldn't sleep Christmas night! Just too excited for Santa??? My dad and I sat up at 3 and had a cup o tea together... I honestly think that is the first time that I haven't been able to sleep in the middle of the night and I was glad to share it with my daddy! Thanks for sharing your testimony of the true meaning of Christmas!
ASA
Post a Comment