In preparation for the big football weekend this week, I'm proud to say that due to my dedicated service for my church, I'll be missing every minute of live football.
Although my hope is that the Patriots do indeed go undefeated this season. This is mostly because I like the warm fuzzy feeling I get everytime I see the ESPN commentators gleeful Patriot lovefest on Sportscenter.
I was watching the Packers drub the Seahawks in a bar in Jackson Hole, Wyoming last week. (They've got really good root beer there) There was this guy sitting at a table behind me who had come in to get a good spot for the Patriots v. Jacksonville game. He was wearing a brand new Patriots jersey. Still had the creases from the hanger and the lettering was so shiny, you could tell it had never seen the inside of a washing machine.
This guy was obviously trying to pass himself off as a lifelong Patriots fan. (Yeah right, in a state known for Cowboys.)
I personally think bandwagon fans are ridiculous. I thought this guy in the bar was pretty ridiculous. Then I saw this:
Difference here... I don't think this guy will jump off the bandwagon in a few years when the Patriots go 6-10. What I do wonder about is what happens when the team eventually changes it's logo?
Happy Conference Championship Weekend to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment