Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Glass half full or half empty?

People like to be around positive people. Not so much around the negative ones.

I'd like to think of myself as a positive person on the whole. Although at times, life throws some curve balls which get me in a funk. Stay in that funk too long and others may start changing opinions about whether they want to spend time with you or not.

As I've carefully done some self-introspection recently, I have found that I have been leaning a little too much to the left. (I use a liberal reference of 'to the left' because I think the left are usually the pessimistic, negative people.)

I think it is quite normal to go through periods of trial and growth. After all, this is how we can relish in the joyful moments in life.

I do not really want to be one with a glass half empty approach to life. Incidentally, I do not want to be a glass half full type of person either. I am committed to a glass overflowing mentality. Although it has been difficult to express recently, I feel that this type of attitude will open doors and remind me of all of those things I have to be grateful for.

In the lulls of life, sometimes it takes key individuals to say just the right thing at just the right time to remind us of who we are. I am extremely grateful for those people in my life.

It certainly is not an ideal situation to be in when the weight of the world seems to be ever increasing. Yet when we forget the proper place to rely on for trust and faith, instead looking to trust in the arm of the flesh, these moments of discouragement can last longer than necessary.

Matching my behavior more closely to my beliefs will ensure the reminders of gratitude and potential for future success. Thus bringing about a more positive and mighty change.

No comments: