
Coming at you from Portland, Oregon this week!
What a great town! As many of you know, I lived here for a couple of years and experienced some of the greatest memories of my life. Some of the greatest individuals I have ever met were apart of those two years and continue to be. Often I wish that I could relive any one day some 2-3 years ago.
As I was flying in I found myself pondering the physics and engineering of aviation. What a remarkable invention. Here I am riding in this bus with wings which by all measure shouldn’t even look like it could get off the ground. As we descend into Portland we fly within a few thousand feet of Mt. Hood. On a sunny day like today it was a magnificent site. Bright, fresh white snow on the peak with a blue backdrop of sky as far as the eyes can see.

Some think that it rains a lot in Oregon. I’ve never found that to be the case. On a day like today there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.
There is an element of longing and deep thought related to my stay here. I was driving back from a friend’s house this evening when I began to reflect upon my feelings and memories of Portland. The thought occurred to me that when I am here, I always feel like I’m a better person. Part of that feeling, I think, comes from those I associate with who genuinely care about me as a person with a deeper conviction that I don’t always find in my current location.
I also feel a sense of pride for my own capabilities and opportunities. There is this interesting vibrancy in my soul for untapped potential that has lingered here in Portland. I’m probably not doing a very good job of putting into words the essence of the thought. I’m not sure I could even tell you why or what it means anyway.
One thing I can express is my deep gratitude and love for the people of Portland, Oregon. The friends, the co-workers, and the strangers I’ve never met. This is a magical place in the story of my life, and one that I will never forget.
**REMINDER** December 13th will be my gift to you. Be sure to check back.
What a great town! As many of you know, I lived here for a couple of years and experienced some of the greatest memories of my life. Some of the greatest individuals I have ever met were apart of those two years and continue to be. Often I wish that I could relive any one day some 2-3 years ago.
As I was flying in I found myself pondering the physics and engineering of aviation. What a remarkable invention. Here I am riding in this bus with wings which by all measure shouldn’t even look like it could get off the ground. As we descend into Portland we fly within a few thousand feet of Mt. Hood. On a sunny day like today it was a magnificent site. Bright, fresh white snow on the peak with a blue backdrop of sky as far as the eyes can see.
Some think that it rains a lot in Oregon. I’ve never found that to be the case. On a day like today there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.
There is an element of longing and deep thought related to my stay here. I was driving back from a friend’s house this evening when I began to reflect upon my feelings and memories of Portland. The thought occurred to me that when I am here, I always feel like I’m a better person. Part of that feeling, I think, comes from those I associate with who genuinely care about me as a person with a deeper conviction that I don’t always find in my current location.
I also feel a sense of pride for my own capabilities and opportunities. There is this interesting vibrancy in my soul for untapped potential that has lingered here in Portland. I’m probably not doing a very good job of putting into words the essence of the thought. I’m not sure I could even tell you why or what it means anyway.
One thing I can express is my deep gratitude and love for the people of Portland, Oregon. The friends, the co-workers, and the strangers I’ve never met. This is a magical place in the story of my life, and one that I will never forget.
**REMINDER** December 13th will be my gift to you. Be sure to check back.
1 comment:
we all love you too micah!
:)
Post a Comment