Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shangri-La has been Found!


I know I’ve been lacking in intellectual creativity over the past 6 months. Heaven knows that could be an excuse for the sporadic blog entries.

But then, when you least expect it, a dandy morsel falls out of nowhere to be devoured upon like a rabid dog.

The latest: Utah is the Happiest Place on Earth.

Just don’t tell Walt Disney.

After a recent study determined Utah as the happiest place to live it dawned on me, “Well no kidding! When you’re the state with the highest porn subscribers and equally as high amounts of folks doped up on antidepressants, is it any wonder?”

Doesn’t take a statistical genius to figure that one out; you know what I mean? The fact is Utah is a good place. A lot of pro’s and definitely its share of con’s, but overall nothing too bad to seriously complain about.

One thought this recent study did spur is an on-going question I’ve had for some time. When it comes to happiness is the backwoods hick living in a double-wide in the middle of nowhere; that can’t wait for the next reality TV episode to start while sitting in a rocking chair spitting chewing tobacco into a can, happier than a wealthy sophisticated aristocrat with the penthouse apartment in some metropolitan hot spot, who lives his/her life in somewhat of a celebrity fashion?

Given the top three states were Utah, Hawaii, and Wyoming I think I’ve finally found my answer. We all know Utah is over-medicated so that’s out for cheating to be happy. Hawaii comes in second due to the fact that it’s Hawaii. This makes for an unfair advantage over all other states. So next on the list being Wyoming it occurred to me that happiness must be a desolate barren wasteland of sagebrush and un-plowed winter roads where your neighbor is a day’s walk to the other side of the valley.

And all of this time I thought I had it all. If any of you try to out bid me for this piece of land in heaven, then I just might sue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going off the anti-depressants and buying that piece of land. Thanks for the info. I'm about to be really happy.

Juel Iverson said...

That is fantastic. Love it!

Tamara said...

why don't... we all move to HAWAII!